What is IDX for Real Estate Websites?
IDX stands for “Internet Data Exchange” commonly called Broker Reciprocity. The next stage in the evolution of the MLS, IDX is the primary means of enhancing cooperation between REALTORS® to facilitate the purchase and sale of real estate property. IDX gives MLS Participants the tool they need to display each others’ listings on their Internet websites. Under the IDX real estate system, brokers exchange consent to display each others listings on the Internet. You have full control over which real estate listings you display.
Why should I use IDX ?
In addition to offering site visitors access to all local listings, one main benefit of the IDX real estate system is that it improves a Realtor’s® means to obtain and maintain first contact with the consumer in the real estate transaction.
Top 8 advantages of IDX real estate system:
- All REALTOR® members become empowered to deal with the real estate consumer of the future.
- Members can fully market their services on the Internet.
- Members can take advantage of the data brokers have contributed to the system.
- Members can obtain and maintain first contact with the consumer in the real estate transaction.
- Brokerage Web sites can become the best source of listing data and compete with other popular sites.
- Participating brokers may display more data fields (like square footage) than many current real estate Web sites are allowed to display.
- When consumers visit the Web sites of reciprocal brokers, they will stay longer because the brokers have more real estate listing data to offer.
- As brokers become more innovative in offering on-line real estate services, listing displays will be a critical factor in their success.